Translate

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Posting in bed…

This is new to me… posting in bed at 7 am.  But I awoke early this morning and after making a cup of tea, took it and my iPad back to bed. DH is still asleep beside me. (DJan, this reminds me of your Sunday morning posts... I don't usually use my iPad to blog.)

The house is quiet. But I’m sure the feral cats are already lining up on the back porch awaiting breakfast. 


Olivia awaiting breakfast


Olivia (the black & white female) has a new litter of kittens. She brought them here while we were in the hill country. We think she has 3 or 4… maybe 6 weeks old? 

We got a few things done yesterday that needed doing. Took a bunch of old electronics off to get thrown out or whatever they do with old phones, printers, kindles, etc. Our city has a drop off set up for shredding and electronics ever so often. These old things have been accumulating for a while. Probably still have more in some closets. We have been in this house for 38 years.

I also cleaned off another shelf in the computer room, vacuumed the rug in the den, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, and showered and washed my hair - doesn’t sound like a lot, but when you’re almost 78, it takes most of your day. I used to be able to clean my whole house in a day… now I’m lucky if I get a room done in a day (That Tom from Sightings over Sixty may answer your “how old do you feel?” question).

Last week our granddaughter had the whole week after Easter off school.  So… she was with us 3 of those days. We played Animal Crossing, Roblox, made jewelry, walked at the mall, ate a lot of pizza and ice-cream, and had crepes and a caramel cappuccino frape  decaf (her - not me) at a coffee shop.

I've found a series I really like. Watch it on byu... but I'm told it's also on Netflix. It's called Heartland and lucky for me, it has about 16 or more seasons. (I hate it when there's only 1-4 seasons - you just get into it and it stops for months - or permanently).


Closing with a few more videos/pics from Easter weekend:


(Remember to click twice, then the small square on right to enlarge video, then click again... I know some don't realize this.)



These last 2 are pics of turtle that is put outside when weather is warm... despite the fact that he prefers it inside.


Bunny pic over daughter's fireplace - I love this pic!


Guess that's it for today! Hope you enjoy your Sunday!  

Hugs (virtual),

Rian











12 comments:

  1. You sound plenty busy for me. And yes, the days when the whole house is cleaned on the one day are gone. Which I am a bit sad about.
    Enjoy your day and your week - and I have just read DJan's Sunday musings so took that connection immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, EC... cleaning the whole house in one day is long gone.

      Delete
  2. Gees, I haven't cleaned the whole house in one day in years, and I just turned 59! I have a schedule for the weekly to-do list and tend to prefer to do a bit at a time, so my entire day isn't spent cleaning. It's just me anyway, so other than the endless dust, the house remains fairly tidy.

    I loved the videos, the turtle is HUGE!

    I've seen bits and pieces of "Heartland" over the years, it's a well-known Canadian series, but I don't think I've ever seen one complete episode. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    Take care and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I'm really enjoying Heartland. It's the kind of show that I love... family and horses... and besides that, the main character, Amy, looks a good bit like my oldest granddaughter.

      Delete
  3. I laugh at myself when I think about how I had the bedrooms straighten, the bathroom quick cleaned, dinner started, me showered, dressed, hair and make up, kids on a bus and me in an office by 8 am. Nowadays, if the dishes are done and the beds are made by midmorning, I think I am flying high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, things take a bit more time to do these days... but then, we don't have to hurry to do them either.

      Delete
  4. I smiled at your mentioning my Sunday morning habit. I do use my laptop and not my iPad for writing. I need a real keyboard! And thanks again for the videos. Sending you some virtual hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally do my posts on my laptop here in the computer room - as you mentioned it's easier with a keyboard. But I used my iPad for this last post - and it wasn't too difficult. Thanks for the virtual hugs!

      Delete
  5. I cleaned the whole house in one day back when I was thirty. I know I didn't when I was fifty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't remember that last time I could clean everything in a day... but it wasn't that long ago.

      Delete
  6. Rian, I always find myself smiling when reading your blog. That photo of Olivia at your back door was too sweet, and I loved the turtle videos! I'm glad you found something new to watch with so many seasons, I know just what you mean about getting involved in a new show and learning it was only one season. Hulu has a habit of promoting these shows, grr! Anyway I enjoyed your post from your bed and hope you have a good week ahead. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally saw all of Olivia's kittens today. She has 5!! And as for the turtle video... that guy can move fast when he wants to. And Moose, the Great Dane, gets jealous if you pay too much attention to the turtle... and will come and snuggle up to you (like hey, I'm here too). To be honest, they're all spoiled.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...