Translate

Friday, April 5, 2024

just a FYI...

This post will be short... as we're busy cleaning and cooking for family coming in to visit and see the eclipse Monday. Just wanted to let everyone know that if I don't post or comment for the next few days, you will know why.

We have seen partial eclipse before... but this total one should be something to see (if it's not cloudy). Apparently Texas is right in line for it. 

We did have a nice Easter dinner at our youngest son's house last Sunday.  I made Chicken Tetrazinni (with a little wine) and DIL made a salad, Brussel sprouts, and a veggie stuffing. For dessert we had little Easter bunny cakes and cheesecake with our coffee. Forgive me if I already said this on my Easter post - but since it disappeared, I can't check.

But I will share with you this.  Our youngest granddaughter loves bugs! (not all bugs - for some reason she doesn't care for crickets or June bugs). But she loves doodle bugs (pill bugs? rollypollies?). When she was over here the Monday after Easter, she and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. Well, lo and behold, she thought she found Rolly Polly Heaven... as they were all over the place. And of course she needed to pick up as many as she could. Besides her dog and cat, she also has aquariums full of fish, snails, and of course Rolly Pollies! (Yes, she loves snails too).

Here's a video of what she collected.



(I always forget to say that you can view videos on full screen by clicking on  the little square. Then, to get out of it, you click escape! You may already know this, but I didn't for a long time.)

That's it for today's exciting post! Will be back sometime next week!

You don't have to bother to comment... I mean, ...really.


Hugs (virtual),

Rian 


14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your family time. I hope you get a good view of the eclipse - which we won't see over here. And hooray for a granddaughter who loves bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we do too. As for the granddaughter who loves bugs... guess she could study Entomology one day.

      Delete
  2. Rian I hope your family visit is extra special. That is too weird about your Easter post disappearing, I think it has something to do with that white rabbit! Anyways I enjoyed reading about your granddaughter and her love of those weird bugs; it must be a southern thing, I've never heard of any of those names and don't recognize the creepy crawlies in that little video! Anyway, don't be gone too long. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Dug. I did something when I posted that White Rabbit that deleted my Easter post... not sure what, but something.

      Delete
  3. Have fun with your family. And lucky you getting to see the full eclipse, that will be worth seeing. We won't see it in our part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope we get to see it... could be cloudy.

      Delete
  4. I used to see lots of rollie polies when I was growing up in Oklahoma. Wonder what she'll think of the cicadas coming? I used to let June bugs crawl on my arm. They'd land in swimming pools and you'd have to spoon them out. My Mom said in the 1930s, they would take the cicada shells off the trees and make necklaces with them. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, she really likes Cicadas... even has a stuffed Cicada!

      Delete
  5. Your grand is already deciding on her future profession, it seems. We only would see 20% coverage even if it wasn't cloudy. Enjoy your eclipse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJan. She's a strange one... loves to go looking for snakes in the park. But of course her dad (my youngest son) used to go on expeditions in the Amazon looking for new species.

      Delete
  6. Your Easter dinner sounds delicious, I'm sure everyone enjoyed.
    Enjoy your eclipse viewing, lucky you, a total eclipse !
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! I'm answering this on Tuesday... Eclipse was yesterday and it was awesome! We were afraid of clouds and had some, but got to see the total eclipse! And it got dark, streetlights came on... very weird, but awesome!

      Delete
  7. hahahaha...i had to leave a comment just because you said not to. the bugs...really?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Debbie. And as for the bugs, yes, she loves them... even smuggled home 2 frogs from her school retreat.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...