Translate

Friday, June 7, 2024

Friday already...




Tuesday night supper: Marry me chicken, garlic roasted potatoes, and green beans.

Thursday night supper: Fresh corn and bacon quiche (forgot to take picture)

It's now Friday and I'm trying to decide what to cook for the next few days. I don't cook big meals every night, but like to do a favorite or something new a few times a week. 

Haven't made home-made potato salad in a while... may do that this weekend, but have to come up with something different to go with it. Maybe I'll make ham, bacon, & cheese roll-ups with giant crescent rolls? (The guys like those).

Do you (or your family) have a favorite meal or just one that you tend to make a lot?  We seem to eat a lot of chicken and I make Chicken Tetrazinni and Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas. We don't do much red meat. Although occasionally I'll do a roast or meat balls and spaghetti. Pork isn't big on my list, we do a pork roast for New Year's dinner and pork chops once in a blue moon.

I think I've mentioned before that I like Salmon... but the guys don't. So when I have Salmon (maybe twice a month), the guys have a sausage, biscuits, and veggie meal. (I don't do sausage except for seasoning - like in red beans).

Oh, this is a picture of a sandwich I saw posted somewhere...



I thought this looked delicious!

Okay, enough about food. Closing this with 2 pictures:


new great granddog 



this is true




*And just a note here to say that my last post about the baby kangaroo wasn't advocating kangaroos for pets. I was simply amazed at getting to see a baby one up close and personal. He really was adorable.

It's Friday again already! Don't the weeks pass by fast? Hope you all have a great weekend. We've had a lot of rain lately... but won't complain as it's kept the temps down here in North Texas. 

Hugs (virtual),

Rian

22 comments:

  1. I've seen the weather forecasts for your area. Glad to hear you're staying relatively comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not to say that it doesn't get warm in the afternoons... but so far, no triple digits.

      Delete
  2. You have a very cute great granddog. Favorite meals are any that can go in the slo cooker. We also like the occasional ham with scalloped potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is cute, isn't he? Think he may be high maintenance with all that hair in Texas... but all the animals around here are spoiled, so it shouldn't be a problem. DH and grandson love ham and scalloped potatoes. I can't do ham... (one of my migraine triggers).

      Delete
  3. Your wee granddog is a cutie, though I suspect he won't be little for long!
    I've had grilled tomato and cheese sandwiches before but not with avocado or sourdough - it does look very delicious.
    We have winter foods and summer foods here. Winter is mac and cheese with grilled sausage or chili or stew with buns or biscuits. Chinese fried rice is another favorite. I cook one of these at least once a week in the cold weather as they all provide leftovers.
    Summer foods are grilled burgers, smokies or hotdogs and chicken, potato salad, pasta salad, cut-up veg and dip, etc. My son won't eat the salads but does enjoy the meat and will eat the veg. We do tend to eat a lot of sandwiches too when the weather heats up - I keep deli meat on hand for him, and use leftover grilled chicken for wraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, we have some standard winter foods too ... mainly creole red beans and rice and African peanut chicken soup. Both make enough for several meals. Summer ones probably are chicken salads and potato salads with various sandwiches. We don't grill much as our grill is in the backyard on the west side where it's just too hot in the afternoon and evenings. I make Chinese chicken fried rice too.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of marry me chicken, but boy did your post leave my mouth watering, Rian! 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marry me chicken is easy and so-oo good. You can google the recipe, Dug. My daughter made it one Easter and it's a keeper. (BTW, hope you are getting better every day. I've been reading a lot about long covid here and there. Seems to be a popular topic lately... although nothing seems to actually give any useful info for those with it. )

      Delete
    2. Thank you Rian. To be honest I keep having painful setbacks. Just hoping it will end eventually.

      Delete
  5. Saturday here. And yes the weeks are flashing by. That sandwich looks good but BIG.
    You are so right about the kitten changing lives - for the better.
    And yes, we have recipes we turn to time and time again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grilled tomato and cheese sammies are the best. Not a fan of avocado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, I've had grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches, and bacon, lettuce, and tomato (with or without a fried egg), but never just grilled cheese and tomato or grilled cheese, tomato, and avocado - but they both sound good to me. ( I love fresh avocado and eat 1/2 one every day with my cheese and crackers lunch)

      Delete
  7. Your sandwich made my mouth water and those last two photos made me smile. Yes, it seems the days are passing by faster and faster. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that sandwich looks wonderful too! Could make it at home, but would be nice to have it offered already made in a restaurant (I know, lazy me).

      Delete
  8. who thought that we would spend the rest of our lives figuring out what to make for dinner??

    try this, it's sausage but it can be made with chicken: https://www.saltandlavender.com/tuscan-sausage-pasta/

    i found the chicken version: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8541316/creamy-tuscan-chicken-pasta/

    i make it with sausage but chicken would be just as good. you know i love food!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh and i bought all of the ingredients to make a similar sandwich. stay tuned!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i shared a post today on the caprese sandwich i made. a little different but we both LOVED it!!

      Delete
  10. That Sammie looks delicious 🤤... Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, Dawn. And some of the pics you post of your meals look great too...

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...