Wanted to get a post in this weekend... but no idea as to what to write about.
We've watched a few interesting series on TV lately. One was "The Heart Guy" on Tubi and one we just started, "Anna Pigeon" on USA Network. This last one is taken from the series of Navada Barr's books where Anna is a park ranger for various national parks. It was one of my favorite reads, so I'm looking forward to the TV series.
It's Sunday and I was drinking my 2nd tiny cup of coffee in the front room. I sit in there among my plants and drawings when I first get up in the morning. DH sits in the den listening to football talk.
Anyway, DH came in and said that the big box turtle was out back eating from the cat dish. He tells me this so I can go out and give him some of my liverwurst (which except for the turtle no one else will eat)
So I did... but for some reason I must have scared him, as he started to run away (which he doesn't usually do). So I threw some liverwurst in front of him as he departed. He stopped, sniffed it, and started eating. I will be more careful next time not to startle him... as I hate for him to miss his treat.
Now I know this isn't terribly interesting to some. Who wants to hear about a turtle and his liverwurst? Well, too bad... as that's all I've got.
There is another story that I could bore you with... it's about Missy (feral cat) and Georgie (baby raccoon). Missy hangs around the back patio most of the day... and sleeps on the chairs at night. Georgie (who is George Clooney - his daddy's child) has learned to come by in the evening, sometimes several times. He looks in the back French door and wants treats. Being young, he isn't afraid of anything... would probably come inside given the chance. So he walks right up to the door even if Missy is laying there. He is a little thing, but she leaves and keeps her distance.
Problem is... DH wants to feed Missy - and Georgie won't leave. He asked me to chase Georgie away with a broom so he can feed the cat. I said no!... I'm not going to traumatize the baby when Missy can eat anytime... to just leave them be. We did and eventually Georgie left and Missy ate.
Again, not a terribly interesting story... but what life is like around here.
Years ago when we were having the kitchen redone (2005), the contractors and workers asked me what was that they were seeing in the back yard. I said "oh, that's just a rabbit and a tree rat that apparently became friends as they laid together in the back every afternoon". The men thought this was weird. But to be honest, we'd seen things like this in the back for the past 40 years... not unusual.
Guess I'll stay with this theme and post some pictures and videos of critters in our yard: Remember to click the arrow and then the small square on bottom right to enlarge. Also click Esc on your keyboard to get back to blog.
![]() |
| raccoons - usually mama and babies |
![]() |
| possums come alone - even tiny ones |
![]() |
| feral that only stopped by once |
![]() |
| first batch of babies abandoned in our yard |
![]() |
| ferals |
| feral |
| Robin |
![]() |
| young kitten playing on cat tree |
![]() |
| woodpecker |
![]() |
| Mama cat taking kittens here to eat and play |
| young bobcats visiting our yard |
When we let the grass grow long in the back in the spring, the ferals love it. They play and hide in it... and I take pictures.




.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpeg)


i appreciate wildlife, especially when it is right there in i enjoyed the pictures and videos. sometimes we have to make lemonade out of lemons, you did that here. good luck next week, i will be thinking of you next week, i hope all goes well!! ooooh and you have the cutest critters!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debbie. I'm glad you are out of the hospital and feeling better. Always love your posts and pictures.
Delete