For those of you that know about my recent dreaded dental procedure, I will say that it went very well. Besides taking a Valium (which those who know me know that I DON'T take pills) the Endodonist also used Nitrous gas... and I have to say that although the procedure was long (about an hour and a half to 2 hours), it was basically painless.
I was told to switch Ibuprofen and Tylenol every 3 hours after the procedure for the first 24 to 48 hours (possibly more if necessary) and that also worked well. So now except for staying on relatively soft food until the permanent crown(s?) for my bridge is put on, we are good.
As for Labor Day, we didn't really celebrate. We grocery shopped early in the day and had baked fish (cod) and sweet corn on the cob for supper... and later finished up a buttermilk pie I'd made the day before. But hope you all had a Happy Labor Day weekend!
![]() |
| Buttermilk pie on Joanne's tea towel |
![]() |
| my slice |
And today (Tuesday) DH and went to walk at the Senior Center... where I picked up two new books from their library, sat and crocheted for a bit, and had coffee in the cafeteria.
And since our daughter had sang the praises of Trader Joe's in San Antonio recently, we decided to give it another try... different store in different area... and have to admit this store was much better than the one we had visited years ago. Their produce as well as their flowers looked very healthy and well taken care of... and they had some interesting varieties of things most groceries don't offer. I did find some gluten free ravioli as well as some plantain chips... (but most of the interesting stuff was not gluten free).
Tonight we're having Chicken Ranch Lasagna. It's an old recipe, but I don't make it often. We used to call it "heart attack" lasagna as it's made with lots of butter, heavy cream, bacon, and cheese. But it is pretty good stuff... and I do use gluten free noodles.
And before I close, I'm adding a picture of this strange plant that is called the "bat face cuphea". Someone mentioned this on their blog (can't remember who)... and I thought it was interesting... and also a hummingbird attracter!
![]() |
| Happy Halloween - early! |







i received that gas while having an implant done and have been told, i flirted with the dentist. i don't believe it...hehehehehehehe!! we had a quiet labor lay also, which is just what i needed. we have a trader joe's near us and we never really go. once or twice to see what all the hype was about, we weren't excited enough to go back. my friends tell me i have "missed the point" maybe we will go again and try and understand what all the hype is about. my friends all love it!!
ReplyDeleteI know, Debbie. I don't get it either... Trader Joe's is interesting for a visit occasionally, but couldn't buy all my groceries there. Maybe the point is that it's a fun check out spot for different stuff?
DeleteRian I'm very glad your dental procedure went so well, but was everything accomplished without any lidocaine or novacaine injections? Getting those last Sept is what reactivated my long covid inflammation. Anyway, never heard of buttermilk pie but that lasagna sure sounded tasty! PS Blogger did not notify me you had a new post. I found this one just browsing your blog. I wish they would fix things like blog feeds.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, Dug, I'm not sure, but I believe they did use novacaine... just didn't feel it as my mouth was numb for a bit. Buttermilk pie is my favorite next to dark chocolate... it's not too different from custard pie. And Blogger isn't notifying me about some blog posts either. I have to go out and look for them. Don't know what the problem is.
DeleteI love that little bat face!! Very cute.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your dental procedure is OVER. I am not a fan of any dental procedure and yours seemed especially entailed. Glad you are home now and eating your soft food. Hopefully the crown and bridge come soon and you can put this ALL behind you.
Thank you, Miss Merry. I hope so too. But it seems at our age, there's always something popping up. I'm going to look for that bat face plant. I did ask my son since he lives closer to the Mexican border if he has ever seen that... he said no.
DeleteBlogger is acting up and I'm not seeing new posts at all. Finally figured out I needed to go to the list of blogs I follow to find new posts.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your dental procedure went well. Hopefully there won't be much more needed to be done.
Five million dollars and a hug would definitely be pretty darn great, wouldn't it?
Yes, Mae, that's what I have to do too... find the blogs I follow and and look for new posts. Don't know why this is happening... and don't like it. But yes, my dental procedure went well (thank goodness). And yes, although I know we don't need money to be happy, five million dollars and a hug would be pretty darn great!
Delete