Translate

Monday, January 27, 2020

Julie's reassessment... and other things

Julie this morning

Took Julie to her Vet appointment for reassessment this morning.  She went from 8 lbs in November to 5 lbs now. She used to be a round little thing... now we can see her backbone and hips. But as with us, the Vet is amazed that she is still alert and active... and although she still can't open her jaws or make any sound, she doesn't seem to be in any pain. It's possible she's uncomfortable (with a locked jaw - how could she not be?), but her eyes or her actions don't show any signs of pain.

The Vet took another x-ray of the left side of her face and neck... (there is an obvious lump there between her jaw and her shoulder) and compared the previous x-rays to this new one. We looked at both with her. Neither shows anything unusual.

DH had bought some pet CBD over the internet as several people have told us that it helped with their pets who had poor prognoses. It arrived on Friday, but we wanted to talk to the Vet before using it. After discussing various options with her this morning - finally decided to take her home and try the CBD. 

So this is where we are. She is sleeping now by the AGA... with one small dose of CBD in her as well as 1cc of diluted Rx AD and a 1 cc of water (given by syringe).


  
******************************************


cheeky chicken hanging on cup in window



Do you have "mysteries" around your house? Things disappear around ours... and sometimes reappear in different places at a later date. We put this off most of the time to our slightly advanced age and the possibility that our memories of where these things should be or used to be is "iffy".

This weekend with Julie's problem, DH's mishap (I'll explain later), and my pottery classes starting up again, I could not find some things that I thought were where they weren't. One of those things was a 2nd cheeky chicken (like the one hanging on the cup).  It was also a hanging one... so it has to be hanging somewhere, right?   Having searched everywhere I thought it could be, I decided to give up. It should turn up at some point...

But while looking for it, I also took a pic of that huge (6") hanging chicken on the windowsill that I had made for the purpose of making some larger ones to hang from our wood fence outside. 


fence chicken 

It's funny how when you see a pic of something how it puts things in a different perspective... my windowsill is a bit cluttered. There's pottery pieces, salt containers, avocados, and garlic. Actually my counter tops are a bit cluttered too. I should clean them up a bit - but it's so handy to have everything right there when I need it.


chickens and pie birds that sit on my AGA... 
along with cast iron pot that remains there for convenience

These critters also sit on top of the hot plate... usually in the back not in the cast iron skillet.  They bring joy to my cooking just by sitting there in the kitchen with me. Maybe I should make some pie birds??  The chickens I did make, but the 3 pie birds here were either bought or given to me.  (Hmm...mm, maybe I should think about that)

Going to check on Julie now. (Oh, DH's mishap: he broke a tooth this weekend... so he has a dental appointment to deal with... always something).

Thanks for reading... and all your good thoughts for Julie. She is a brave little thing.

Hugs,
Rian




















20 comments:

  1. She does look awfully thin. I'm praying that the CBD will help her. I know it helps me. And there's nothing wrong with clutter, no matter what Marie Kondo says. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJan, there's a woman in my pottery class who uses the CBD oil also... and says it helps her a lot. As for Julie, I guess we will see. Can't see how it could hurt at this stage... and may give her some comfort.
      As for a little clutter, I figure if it brings a little joy, what's the harm?

      Delete
  2. When it rains, it pours. Hopefullly this will be fixed soon and your life wiil be back tonormal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tabor. Not sure what normal is these days, but it would be nice.

      Delete
  3. Poor wee thing, I hope the CBD oil works for her. Julie can't get much smaller, can she?
    Love the chickens and the pie birds. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know all about misplacing things around the house. I have been missing a pair of pajamas (my favorite ones of course!) for the past two months and looking for them everywhere. We've not been anywhere out of town to have left them in some hotel or someone's home that we were visiting so I know they have to be somewhere around HERE. But WHERE might that be? Most frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how frustrating that can be, vic. And you'll probably find them when you are not looking...

      Delete
  5. I use cbd on my bum knee. Seems to help a little. Anyway, hope things go well for Julie ... and for DH as well with his tooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom. My BIL uses it for his back too.

      Delete
  6. Poor little kitty, I hope she heals. I have rubbed CBD cream on aches and it helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard from several people that it has helped them.

      Delete
  7. I hope that CBD does help her, because yes, she looks so thin, poor love. Continued prayers and purrs to her.

    Good luck to your DH re: his tooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. She is one bone, poor baby. But she's alert and wants/tries to go about the house as normal... and still wants to sit on my lap.

      Delete
  8. Bless her heart, she is getting thin. Hard seeing that but feel better knowing she is not in any pain or obvious discomfort. I have heard of CBD for pets. Let us know if it helps.
    Ouch on DH's tooth. Hope it is not painful. I've had the side part of a tooth broken off for 5 years. Didn't want to spend for a bridge and so far, it is chewing fine and no pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried the cbd Monday and Tuesday... made her wobbly (or more wobbly than usual). Not sure about it so we don't have her on it today. She still jumps onto things and I'm afraid it might make her so wobbly that she will fall.

      Delete
  9. Poor Julie. I hope so much that the CBD helps her. Goodness, it really is "always something". We go through that a lot...things getting moved or disappearing. Last night it was the second half of Eli's dog bone treat. He gets half the bone and goes on the porch. He then comes to the door for the second half. Last night when he came to the door, the second half was missing from off the bar where Dan always puts it. Dan says I gave the second half to Eli and just don't remember doing it. I KNOW that I didn't! Dan never put the second half on the bar. Am I losing it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henny, I know it makes you wonder, doesn't it? DH sometimes tells me that I did or didn't do something and I have no memory of it... so is it his memory that's faulty or mine? I know that we do some things so automatically that our memory doesn't take hold, but still...

      Delete
  10. To me, collections/clutter shows enjoyment of living! Nothing wrong with that.

    Julie is always in my thoughts.

    Oh my, a broken tooth! I bet that was painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes little things are such a comfort - maybe because they hold memories - that it's hard to part with them. Also, even though I know my house could be a little less cluttered, I also know that I like a house that looks lived in - with toys (whether grandkids or cats) in the corner, things I've made or friends have made around me, etc.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...