Translate

Sunday, October 18, 2020

a short vent and on to mundane things...

Just a short note here at the beginning of my post so I don't forget to mention it later... (and I very well may... since I forget what I planned to say fairly easily these days). 

But having read and heard so many times recently that wearing a mask shows 'fear'... that it's beginning to irk me. Wearing a mask in my opinion shows common sense and concern for others, NOT FEAR! Does that mean that those people who believe this think doctors wear masks in surgery out of fear?  Science and medical professionals may not know everything, but they are certainly more knowledgeable than the general public. And most people these days are aware of how germs are spread. No, masks may not totally prevent the spread... but the possibility that they may help some is well documented... and seems certainly worth the effort.  I'll take that possibility over someone's concerns for his/her worries about a show of fear any day.

Now that said... I will go on to other things:

Yesterday I made a chicken and broccoli bacon quiche.  Grandson is not terribly fond of broccoli so I chop it up really well and add it where I can. It has been my experience that anything that has an abundance of bacon and cheese is generally well accepted.





Preparing the ingredients





finished quiche


Next are some pics my D-I-L sent of my youngest grand daughter (7) visiting a friend out on a local farm this week.






I was told that she absolutely fell in love with the Giant Pyrenees in the first pic!


And lastly here's a picture of my living room 

in the Animal Crossing game: 






The island is beautiful and the ocean views are fantastic. In this game you can also swim in the ocean or fly to mystery islands. Now with Halloween upon us, I have the island decorated with carved pumpkins, etc. as well as have put several pumpkin patches (which grow orange, yellow, white, and green pumpkins) all over the island. 

(Since I can neither garden nor travel these days, this game has given me some virtual options - and I am continually amazed at how detailed the options are) 

Anyway, I truly hope you are having a good weekend... and if voting is behind you, possibly a calm one knowing that THAT is behind you and now only time will tell...  (and prayer couldn't hurt).


Hugs, (virtual of course)

Rian

(...and forgive me for venting at the beginning here. Sometimes you just have to say what is on your mind and in your heart)


 





18 comments:

  1. Rian, in my book you can vent whenever you want! I feel the same. Masks are proven to be a great way to keep from spreading the virus to others. It's like making the decision to wear a seatbelt in the car. And I'm so glad you are enjoying that game. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJan. This new normal is strange, but do-able (like my hair which is now long enough for a small ponytail - and is actually in 2 short braids at the moment! 75 years old and braids?... oh well, we don't go anywhere so it shouldn't matter.)

      Delete
  2. When I was a kid I hated broccoli, Now I love it. So there's hope for your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the idea, Tom. Add a little broccoli in with a lot of chicken, bacon, and cheese... usually he eats it fine.

      Delete
  3. I so agree with you vent. I don't understand how people can be so stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just can't figure out how people can look at things so differently... but apparently they do.

      Delete
  4. That quiche looks divine (and are those Joanne's towels?). I would love to go visit the goats, too. And look at you, playing Animal Crossing!! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jenn, they are Joanne's towels. I use them all the time. They wash and dry so beautifully.
      And yes - even though I'm not a 'game' person (don't even play cards), I do enjoy this virtual living game. It actually belongs to my grandson who handed it to me one day and said to try it. He hasn't gotten it back. I'm hooked.

      Delete
  5. Vent away. Venting is healthy to do and I feel the same about masks. Ooh, that quiche looks good. I am always intrigued by your Animal Crossings photos that I may just have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the Animal Crossings game, Patti. I've been told that the Nintendo switch is out of stock everywhere... (guess it's a good virtual life for the pandemic). But hopefully they will be in stock for Christmas.

      Delete
  6. I made a quiche on Saturday -- bacon, cheddar, and spinach. I was too busy/lazy to bother with a crust so I used the Bisquick method. It was well received all the same.
    Our VT Governor was very late in the game to issue a mask mandate but very early to model wearing one and to urge people to have the common sense to wear one along with hand washing and physical distancing and that message hasn't faltered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet your quiche was delicious, Olga. I thought about using spinach myself, but opted for the broccoli.

      Delete
  7. I'm a mask-wearer, having been in the veterinary field for thirty years, I was always taught to wear a mask, and if caught without one in surgery, would get a very quick telling-off !
    Your quiche looks delicious, and all the ingredients I would love :)
    Stay well dear friend, I'll be back to visit.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo... I was in the Veterinary field for 20 years. Our British and Veterinary backgrounds as well as our love for tea seems to make us compatible bloggers. And yes, masks don't have to be explained to us.

      Delete
  8. Anything broccoli is good...I bet he'll like it eventually. The game sounds fun. My favorite picture is where she's feeding the goat!! Sweet. Oh, and vent all you want...it's your blog. Besides, so highly agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Anni - love broccoli too. The game is fun... and sadly addictive. And my grand daughter loves all animals (even bugs, snakes, etc.). I'm afraid the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

      Delete
  9. You're simply saying what a lot of us are saying, Rian, you go girl!

    I love quiche, my son not so much though he'll eat omelettes. But I do tend to hide vegetables where I can. He has no idea my mac and cheese has onions, lol.

    I had a dog years ago, who was a mix of the Giant Pyrennes and a golden lab. Beautiful dog and absolutely the sweetest dog. I'm with your granddaughter...they're awesome to hug.

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mix of Great Pyrenees and Golden would be beautiful... and I can see how he/she would be the sweetest dog. I doubt that we will ever own another dog (had an Irish Setter once that stole my heart), but if we did, it would probably be a Golden Retriever or a Yellow Lab.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...