Translate

Thursday, March 12, 2020

baby raccoons and kitten...


What's wrong with this picture?


I had to share this. It's just so cute (probably photo shopped, but still cute).  

Staying home, reading, writing the sequel to my book, working on some clay pieces, and checking Pinterest for cute pics and ideas...
This came from Pinterest (I think)

Oh, also watching streaming shows like "Love Hurts" and "Dr. Finley" on Acorn. Acorn is only $5/mo and is my favorite of all the others. We also have Netflix and Hulu. But Acorn has the British mysteries and shows out of Australia, Scotland, New Zealand. And the scenery is just amazing.

Well, this is short and sweet, but I wanted to post this cute pic and say hi. 

Not going to mention anything else going on... just good stuff.

As most of you know, I'm 74 and don't take any pills of any kind (well, Tylenol if needed). There are many reasons for this, but the 2 main ones are first, I usually get a bad reaction from pills and second, I have great difficulty swallowing anything bigger than a Tylenol caplet. 

But...  I am now taking Vitamin D3 - DH's Oncologist said it was really important at our age (especially since mine stays so low). Since there's a chance it might keep my spinal arthritis at bay, I decided to try it. Luckily the pills are tiny, so no problem there. I tried to take Centrum for women as our eye doctor recommended we take something with Lutein for our eyes. But I gave up on it since I had to cut the vitamins in half... and they were still difficult to swallow.

That's it. Hope all of you are well and taking care to stay that way!
Thanks for reading. Since we are supposed to be 'staying home' for the time being, it's nice to be able to share with you.

Hugs,
Rian



Now if we lived here, 
there wouldn't be any problem staying home...


19 comments:

  1. Like you I don't take pills, only occasionally if my aches get too much as they do affect me.
    I'm pleased that you mentioned this as I'm sure that the dr doesn't believe me when I tell him I'm no good with pills, they always have an adverse effect on me. I had to go through 4 different lots of antibiotics when I had an UTI before we found one that didn't give me some kind of side effect.
    Delicate little flowers aren't we, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doctor knows very well that I don't want pills if I can get away without them. When I had a slight case of shingles, he basically had to scare me into taking the horse pills - letting me know how much worse it could get if I didn't take them. So I did... but it was an ordeal. Luckily no side effects... just nearly choking to death even cut in half.

      Delete
  2. I have a girlfriend who can't swallow most pills, either, unless they're tiny. I take a lot of vitamins and supplements, including vitamin D, and have done for decades. Whether or not they truly help (scientifically) is irrelevant, really--I feel better (mentally) taking them. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never known why for sure that this is a problem. But I did recently have a dental hygienist tell me that my opening in the back of my throat was small. Asked if I had sleep apnea. All I know is when I try to swallow pills, they get stuck.

      Delete
  3. That is the cutest picture ever! Don't know which is cuter the kitten or the raccoons. I sometimes have a hard time swallowing pills but take two D3, a magnesium, a tiny thyroid pill, and a tiny arthritis pill, daily. Whew! That's a lot. I wonder why pictures are not loading, like your last one. For the first time ever the pictures on my last post didn't load. I had to go back and load them a second time and it worked. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, Henny... so cute. I tried to go back and re-insert that second picture, but its strange as it shows up fine on my computer blog, but not on my iPhone blog?? Not sure what is going on. I couldn't get the pics on someone else's blog either...

      Delete
  4. I also cannot see your last picture, but I sure enjoyed the kitten and raccoons. I take a million vitamins, including D3, and only one "real" pill for my cholesterol. I mostly take all those other pills for my eyes. I do take lutein. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried reloading the page... doesn't seem to matter. Will try just reloading the pic.
      My mom took a handful of vitamins every day and she lived to be 94... whether the vitamins had anything to do with that we'll never know. I'm just not good with pills.

      Delete
  5. That is a cute picture and probably photo shopped but it still makes me smile. I'm staying home also and am so grateful for the Internet. Not sure I would want to try staying in place with out it. Thanks to my heart disease and COPD, mercy the number of pills. So far they are going down OK.
    So glad you are working on the sequel. Can't wait to see what the ladies are up to now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me smile too, Patti. Sheltering in place is what I'd rather do during any catastrophe. Learned that hi-tailing it out onto the highways (at least when avoiding hurricanes) is never a good idea. But I have to admit I don't keep much food or staples around... just usually enough to get through the week. Guess this is teaching me to do better.
      And the 'ladies of Carrick Cove' are still going strong.

      Delete
  6. I can’t swallow many pills, only the tiniest. So I chew my vitamins and minerals with my muesli in the morning.

    I love that pic, it’s so sweet, even if it’s photoshopped. I am staying home too except for the most important outings. Good luck to all of us oldies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friko, I thought it wasn't good to break up some meds, even vitamins?
      As for staying home, it isn't a problem for us either... but almost impossible for our 21 year old grandson who lives with us.

      Delete
  7. I swallow pills okay. I need them to keep going. Oh, the wonders of medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could, I really do. It would make things so much simpler. Thanks for visiting, Gigi. I saw on one of your posts a pic of malasadas. Our son and daughter-in-law took us to get these when we were in Oahu last August. They were really good. And as for namaste, I think its a great idea. With the popularity of yoga around here, we've all used that greeting in class... so why not outside class?

      Delete
  8. Wish I could say I don't take meds but I do. And, daily, I have a difficult time swallowing.

    Cute inage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use buttermilk to help me swallow a pill... a friend told me she did this to coat your throat. Helps me when necessary.

      Delete
  9. Good to hear you're both doing well and keeping busy. The pic is definitely photoshopped but oh, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...