Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2024

An assortment of subjects...

love these little anoles

Was giving my plants a watering inside the house when this little fella jumped out at me. I was like... "where did you come from?" as he hopped all over the sink trying to avoid being captured.  I water my plants in the laundry room sink so it was filled with about an inch or two of water and he kept falling into it. Finally I caught him and took him outside and put him on our Hatch Pepper plant. I'm guessing that he came in on the large Fiddle Leaf Fig that DH takes outside to water... and then hopped onto the smaller plants? He had nothing to fear from me.

A friend (bff of my sister's) had her 90th birthday last week. She is amazing... certainly doesn't look 90... maybe 65 or so. To be honest, I generally can't tell a person's age once they hit 70. They just look 'old'... but this lady definitely doesn't look 90. She was my sister's best friend from school age till my sister passed at 51. Both were very talented. My sister was an architect and her friend was a designer and artist... still is. It's good being in touch again.

I did get a few responses on Senior Living options. Nothing that I didn't know already, but it's interesting to see what works for some. We will 'age in place' for now. We own our home, get social security, and have some savings... so for the moment, we're ok. Senior Living communities are expensive, we're happy where we are, and we do have 3 adult kids who we could 'visit'... if necessary.

And I will leave you with some memes (with the election around the corner, some things to think about):








and...





Wishing you a restful relaxing weekend. If you haven't voted yet, please vote. All elections are important, but this one seems especially so. 


Hugs (virtual),

Rian 

4 comments:

  1. Rian I get the feeling that most critters don't scare you. I can't imagine you and DH selling your home, you're so one with nature there and all. That was very nice reading about your sister's friend, can I ask what took your sister at such an early age? Wow, she was an architect too. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true, Dug... most critters don't scare me (but I'm not too fond of roaches).
      And Cancer took my sister at 51 and my brother at 59. My dad also had the big C, but he actually died of a stroke while being treated for it in the hospital.

      Delete
  2. I love your little green critter.
    Thanks for those memes. Very, very true. I am watching your election lead up in fascination - and more than a little horror.
    We will also age in place, for now at least.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...