Translate

Friday, October 11, 2024

a non-productive week...




It's been a non-productive week. Started off fine on Monday and DH and I walked at the mall to get a little exercise and pick up some 'coffee scented' candles that were on sale at the Bath & Body shop. We even stopped for coffee and hot chocolate at Eataly's while there. 

And Tuesday we headed out to Central Market to get our weekly groceries... all was fine. But by Tuesday afternoon while I was in the middle of making some home-made nutty granola to send to our granddaughter, I suddenly felt very tired. I finished the granola and then went to lie down. Told DH that I wasn't feeling very well... 

and that has continued through Wednesday and Thursday. My stomach has been queasy, so I haven't eaten much... just some toast and chicken soup here and there. Today I do feel a bit better. Don't know what causes these little setbacks... a bug? my mild IBS issue (haven't had an episode in a long time), or just old age? 

Anyway, since I'm feeling better, I'm trying today to make up for my days of doing nothing by getting to a bit of cleaning. Dusted the bedroom, mopped the kitchen, and will do a load of wash... that may be it (not a lot, but better than nothing).  


something to think about...


For those of you who are following my "crow attraction" plan - we've had a few crows stop by on several days... I saw them once, DH saw them twice. Yesterday as he was driving up to the house, he said there were 2 on the front lawn. He tried to phone me to look out the window, but the car scared them and they flew off. But hey, I'm happy some are getting the idea.

As for my sketching, I tried to do some yesterday, but apparently the muse has left me as I couldn't get into it (perhaps he/she isn't feeling well either).

Closing with a few memes: (Forgive me if they're ones I've sent before... hard to keep track)







and just a few of our feral cats:





Lastly:




and 




...and they do know. I sit outside in the back sometimes and one of them may be laying in the bushes about 3 feet away. I talk to her and she lays there and listens. Today I told her that I'd leave a treat out there and if she wants it, to come and get it after I leave. I left. As soon as I closed the French doors, she waited for a minute (thinking it over I guess) then came and got it. 

OK, enough for today. Hope you all have a great weekend! Fall is here!  Although we haven't gotten too much cooler yet - but early in the morning, you can feel it in the air.


Hugs (virtual),

Rian

Can't close without mentioning the awful hurricanes (Helene and Milton) and how much damage and loss of life they have caused. I believe in climate change and know that the climate will change with or without our doing anything. But like so many things, if we can do anything to help... why not try?

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you. I have what my doctor finally called intermittent fevers. I'm just plugging along and suddenly that kind of tiredness takes over, and I just want to sleep. For me I usually have a nice sweat during the night when the fever goes down - sometimes two nights. But it's gone before I can tell a doctor about it. The fever does respond to Tylenol also, but the night sweat have to happen too apparently. The doctor said there are hundreds of causes of fevers. So I live with it, and apologize that I can't keep appointments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I've had the night sweats before... the last two times I remember were in the hospital after my acute appendectomy surgery and then another time when ill - it seems that usually things were better after you wake up soaking wet... but feeling better. I've never heard of 'intermittent fever'. Makes me think of my chronic cough which started after radiation 24 years ago. They call it a 'radiation cough'... (most probably because they can't find any other reason for it). So I live with it too.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry that you were ill, and glad you are feeling at least a bit better. I love your feral cats and yes, they do know. And are grateful for the assistance they will accept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a slow week is good but not if it means you're unwell. I hope you're well on the road to recovery now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...