Translate

Friday, October 1, 2021

Take joy...

 




This has always been a favorite quote of mine.  But the way I first heard it was "Beyond the gloom of this world lies joy - Take Joy!


and recently I believe Debbie used 

the next 2 that I also love dearly:



and 

Love this too!


I've been reading The Dalai Lama's Cat as recommended by DJan. I love it... simple and to the point... with added insights and doses of loving kindness. A good read. 

I've also been reading several English mysteries (the Lord Edgington Investigates series) by Benedict Brown on my kindle. Enjoying that read also.

So this post will be short and sweet. I'm happy today... don't know why... but I'll take it! 

This pandemic has gone on far too long, but we're still hanging in there. We're still  washing our hands, still wearing our masks, and for the most part, still staying pretty close to home. Sometimes I get a bit antsy, so we take a walk around the neighborhood. But no restaurants, no group activities... yet. We figure that we can hold out until we see some reassurance that things are starting to look up. Our flu shot is scheduled for next week and most likely our booster will be in November. 

And hey, maybe I do know why I'm happy today... 

DH bought Dove bars! Want one?


Hugs (virtual),

Rian

(Forgot I wanted to post this pic of a cicada I took when we were walking around the neighborhood. I don't even know if it was alive... but it sure had pretty markings.)







24 comments:

  1. Hooray for happiness - where ever it comes from.
    I try and live by the philosophy that there is always beauty about - so long as I keep my eyes, heart and mind open to it.
    Love the cicada too.
    I have read (and enjoyed) the Dalai Lama's Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that the Dalai Lama's Cat is subtly changing how I feel about change... kind of a gradual acceptance on a day to day basis... or perhaps I just woke up with more serotonin in my blood.

      Delete
  2. "they" say when a cicada sings, 4 more weeks and it will rain. Sometimes, that "take" is quite accurate!
    Love those two quotes from Debbie. For some reason the first one of YOUR favorite didn't load. I will try and reboot to see it.

    Happy October to you dear one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anni, I have never heard that about a cicada singing. And yes! Take joy!

      Delete
  3. Great quotes and I am working hard on all these things too. However, like you some days my mood is naturally buoyant. I link it to exercise. Who knows. Great reads too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how your mood could be linked to exercise, but I doubt if mine is... although we did walk today. However, I woke up this morning feeling a little better about things... so I don't know. What-ever the reason, I'll take it!

      Delete
  4. I very much liked that second meme, "People don't always say I love you". This was a nice 'good mood' post, Rian. And now I'm trying hard not to put on my shoes to go to the store and buy some Dove bars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dug, if you like Dark chocolate, they are so-oo good! They have however, gotten smaller over the years.

      Delete
  5. That's a lovely cicada. I was thinking it's a bit late for them, but heck, it's in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's Texas... and I read that when the cicadas emerge, you will see more snakes. I believe they eat them.

      Delete
  6. Very nice memes and good reminders. I'm happy to hear you are happy - often it is just the little things.

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... often it is just the little things (like Dove bars). And sometimes it's just that I'm so tired of worrying about stuff that I just have to let it all go...

      Delete
  7. I've read that book too!

    I'm glad you had a happy day, how wonderful. I love all your quotes, they're perfect. I think I'll save them as much-needed inspiration.

    Yes, the pandemic has gone on far too long....hence the needs for that inspiration. LOL.

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you and Derry are doing well.

      Delete
  8. I have now read the entire series of Dalai Lama cat stories. I love the way I feel when I'm seeing the world through HHC's cat eyes. Thanks for picking it up and letting the loving kindness seep into your world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for recommending it. I find it peaceful and enjoyable reading... as well as another way to look at things and accept change.

      Delete
  9. Reading and enjoying the Dalai Lama's Cat also. Lots of food for thought in that book.
    I am still doing all the precautions here also. Would hate to get careless now and make all those past months be for naught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Patti. I see people all around acting like the pandemic is over... no masks, gathering in bars and at sporting events and I think, 'it's too soon. Hold out a little longer'...

      Delete
  10. oh how fun and nice to see myself here. i adore both of the quotes i shared but the first one is my favorite!! i don't think i have ever seen a close up picture of a cicada, it does have pretty markings!!

    i am not a reader, but i wish i were!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me share your quotes. I love your blog and always read it even if I sometimes don't comment. You have a very good outlook...

      Delete
    2. awwwww, thank you so much for saying that, it really made my day!!

      Delete
  11. You're right, take happiness when you find it, appreciate it, savor it, go on with your life. Cool quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom... and thanks again for sharing your visit to Cape Cod. Loved your pics!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...