Translate

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Nothing special...


Thought today I would just post a few memes that I particularly like:


This cat looks like our Ghost


what weekend plans should be


This I just like


 my Sunday mornings


what our house used to look like
when we had cats


And this is me lately as it seems groceries (and utilities)
have more than doubled!!


It's Sunday and another week starts tomorrow. DH and I got our flu shots Friday and hope to get our Covid boosters sometime this week. We have no other big plans for the week except to walk at either the Senior Center or the Mall at least once (hopefully twice), visit a friend in the hospital, and run a few other errands.  I picked up "Dark Matter" by Greg Iles at the Senior Center Library last week and just finished it. It's basically about scientists and AI... (a bit like Dan Brown's books). Not my favorite kind of read, but interesting ideas and possibilities. 

Ending this with a reminder to check your cars for kittens. With the weather turning cooler, they will go there for warmth...

See those little faces! 


Hugs (virtual),
Rian


16 comments:

  1. HOORAY for no big plans. Which sounds like an excellent week to me (and one I can probably manage). Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rian that's some pretty impressive reading! I've never been a big meme person, but you're making me one, that first one made me laugh out loud! Those kittens under the hood broke my heart, a great reminder you posted. Hope your week ahead is a Snoopy one. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kittens under the hood are a big problem for us. We check every day... and sometimes miss our appointments if we can't get them out. Saw something recently that we might try... some sort of ultrasound device you put in the motor that will keep them out. Worth a try...

      Delete
  3. Good reminder about the kittens. And I still need to get both Covid booster and flu shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck finding both the flu and the Covid shots. They seem to be slow getting them out this year. Will report that DH and I had no reaction to the flu shot - not even sore arms.

      Delete
  4. Like that one..... The food is great but the ambiance ....... As for cars, at times people have been surprised with snakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard of that. Here it's mostly kittens...

      Delete
  5. Cannot get my COVID until end of October since I caught COVID this summer. But did get my flu shot. Not a busy week here either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do get it at the end of October. I'm sorry you caught it this summer... but many have recently. It may not hospitalize you, but still don't want it.

      Delete
  6. Love all the memes, especially the first one. But those kittens under the hood really hurt my heart. Thank you for the reminder. Wish we could tell everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Henny. I love that first one too. As for the kittens under the hood, we see it way too often here... so we always check.

      Delete
  7. all of these made me chuckle!! i always get to sip my hot tea in a quiet house in the morning. i think that makes me lucky but sometimes i miss the noise!! we keep our vehicles in the garage but that is a good reminder for others. we have heat in our garage so i will keep an eye out for cats sneaking in while the door is open!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our garage is too full of 'stuff' to put the car or truck in... but recently read about something you can put in or under your car engine that has some sort of sound that will keep the cats out. Going to try it...

      Delete
  8. This was all so much fun! Thank you for sharing them. You're just like us. We got our flu shot last week and will get our COVID shot next Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good. Got our Covid boosters Friday morning. Arm a little sore Saturday... Hope you have no problem with yours, Kay - and that your vertigo will go away for good.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...