Translate

Friday, September 29, 2023

Short, but sweet...

Meaning that I'm just updating the fact that DH and I have now gotten  both our Flu shots and Covid boosters for 2023 and so far, so good. We barely felt either injection and had no reaction - not even a sore arm with the Flu shot. Just got the Covid booster Thursday morning, so waiting to see if our arms are sore or if we possibly feel bad for a day... 

Now it's Friday am (arm sore, but that's it)! And this Sunday is October 1st!  (Remember Rabbit! Rabbit! White Rabbit!)  This also means Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas will be here before we know it. So much to do, and such little time to do it... that's how I feel... possibly because I'm slow... and even slower getting things done these days.  

Closing this with a few pics taken of all the pumpkins at the mall:











We walk the mall once or twice a week and then stop for coffee or hot chocolate at Eataly's....  

(we're not shoppers, so seldom go into any stores). 


*BTW, that reminds me. I finally got to taste a 'cold brew' coffee. DH didn't like it, but I did! 


Hugs (virtual),

Rian




13 comments:

  1. That's wonderful about getting both your shots Rian, and little effects. And wow I love the pumpkin pics, especially the first one! I sure hope those Texas Temps have moderated for you some..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to have both shots done. And although I'm not a big fan of Halloween, I do like pumpkins. As for the weather, we get into the 70's in the early morning, but quickly get back into the 90's by noon. But no triple digits lately!

      Delete
  2. I am glad you have had your shots (and with no drama).
    That is a LOT of pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Whoever supplies the pumpkins to the mall sure has a lot of them. I think they give them to the animals at the zoo when they no longer have a use for them.

      Delete
  3. A lotta punkins. Glad they go to a good use in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of pumpkins. I don't see any being put out for fall... maybe because we don't feel fall much in Hawaii.

    We got our flu shot and will get the COVID booster next week. Fingers crossed it will be as easy as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far I have only gotten my Covid booster, but my guy got both at once, with just some tiredness and sore arms. My arm was sore for two days but now is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wonder if it's the actual shot or the person giving it that makes the difference. Both of these were painless and very little soreness. The nurse at our primary physician's office is wonderful. You barely ever feel her giving a shot.

      Delete
  6. We are waiting on our health department to start scheduling the vaccines. We have a large covid outbreak here. It's hard to know how big since no one young reports cases or quarantines anymore, but people my age are suffering and some have been hospitalized. I guess the good thing is that there haven't been any deaths that I know of. And I wonder how much worse it would be if most people my age were not vaccinated. We are signing up for covid, flu, rsv (we have young grandkids) and pneumonia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're seeing more covid lately too. Hope your health department starts scheduling soon.

      Delete
  7. ooooooh those pumpkin displays are really pretty, i would go to the mall just to see them. i wonder if our mall does anything like that, i might just check!! i have not been to a mall in years!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...