Translate

Sunday, September 17, 2023

the weekend is here...




 

This picture reminds me of my daughter's porch out in the Hill Country.  It's the perfect place to have one's coffee in the morning... especially if Fall is in the air.


and...




I came across these on Pinterest. They are metal cat forms that remind me so much of what we see in our yard daily. If we didn't have the real thing, I would buy these.

The weather has been cooler this week... no triple digits. I even open the windows in the mornings for a little while. It's 78 F this morning.

We had friends over this past Friday for dinner. It's been ages since we've seen them, so it was great to visit and talk.  She and I have been best friends growing up in New Orleans since we were 8 years old. They travel a lot, we don't. But we get together when we can and can talk and reminisce for hours... mostly about New Orleans and LSU... and the guys talk football. They lost a daughter this past year. She was our daughter's age. God, I can't imagine. Think it would kill me. But my mom lost my dad, sister, and brother in her lifetime... and somehow survived.

I want to recommend a TV series I'm watching now that I'm enjoying. It's called "Where the Heart is" on Roku. It's set in a little town in England (Skelthwaite) and the characters are so likable. (And for once there are no murders in the little English town - like all the English mysteries - Father Brown, Granchester, Midsummer Murders, etc. These always makes me wonder how safe these cute little towns are).  I think there's also a movie by this same name if you google it - but the movie looks like an entirely different story.

Guess that's it for today.  I have a pot roast in the oven with onions, carrots, and potatoes for supper tonight. And I just finished the tassels on one side of another fisherman's afghan.





And closing with a video I took this week of a fat little squirrel eating from the catfood dishes out back.



(remember to hit the arrow twice and then the small square on the bottom right to enlarge the video)

He's a brave little thing with all the feral cats out there.


Have a wonderful Sunday and thanks for reading!

Hugs,

Rian









14 comments:

  1. Rian you must've read my mind because I was just thinking about you last night. Wow... 78F in the morning is cool for you? I'm so sorry, it was 50F this morning in Pittsburgh and as much as I love fall, I'm not ready for summer to end. Anyway, dinner tonight sounds wonderful and that afghan on the back of your sofa is a beautiful piece of work. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, anything in the 70's is cool for us. I would be bundled up in the 50's- maybe even put the fireplace on!

      Delete
  2. I can no longer drink coffee (though I still love the smell). Those first precious moments of the day with no one to talk to (or listen to) are WONDERFUL.
    A brave little squirrel indeed.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I'm not supposed to drink coffee or tea either... but I do (just a few tablespoons full in the morning and afternoon).

      Delete
  3. 78F sounds pretty darned warm to me, but it's all relative. We've gotten down in the low 40's(F) over the last week or so, leaves are turning, and fall is definitely here.
    The squirrel looks a little skinny, so perhaps it felt the opportunity was too good to pass up.
    Enjoy your Sunday dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you're used to walking out the door and it feels like you're walking into an oven (105 -107 F)... 78 feels darn good.

      Delete
  4. In all my years of cats and squirrels, I never saw a cat brave enough to take on a squirrel. They sort of coexisted, and if push came to shove, the squirrel was up a tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the cats try... but never saw one caught. However, I have found just the squirrel's tail in our yard before. Something caught it... could have been a bobcat or coyote, but possibly a feral cat.

      Delete
  5. We have had cooler temperatures, too. Isn't it wonderful!! I love a cup of coffee - All By Myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is 'something' about a cup of coffee alone on a porch in the morning...

      Delete
  6. I know what the sound of silence is, but I don't often get it with my coffee in a bustling coffee shop! Love video and your sweet life. It's 69°F right now, perfect in my opinion. You would probably be cold. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee in a coffee shop is special too, DJan... sharing one with friends is another kind of magic.

      Delete
  7. i love the smell of coffee, but don't drink it!! i would enjoy sitting on that porch, with a hot cup of tea!! but what i would enjoy most is a home cooked pot roast dinner, that sounds so good, i'm sure you enjoyed it!! the blanket looks great and your home always looks cozy!! i will be showing off my remodel this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...