Translate

Saturday, January 27, 2024

delicious food... and a found curiosity

Yesterday evening DH and I went out to eat for our Anniversary - (which was actually last week, but the weather was awful last week so we waited). Anyway, the last few years we always go out to eat at our same favorite Italian Restaurant... (and almost always get the same thing). Here is a few pictures of our entrees and dessert. Sausage, cheese, and pasta for DH and Chicken Campanella for me... and a serving of bread pudding to share.






His meal was wonderful (I took a tiny taste) and so was mine. What you can't see on mine is every kind of veggie mixed in... artichoke hearts, spinach, red peppers, broccoli, zucchini,  squash, black olives, etc. and it's served in a creamy wine sauce under all that chicken ( I do get GF pasta and it's still delicous).

We're both lovers of bread pudding (although some places make it too sweet). This restaurant does a really good job... and their service is great (family owned). My own bread pudding with whiskey sauce is pretty good too. Do you make bread pudding?

And of course they serve more than enough food to take home and have for a second night!


😊                            😊                              ðŸ˜Š                               😊





OK... on another thought... I was cleaning out some drawers and boxes the other day and I found this 'card' from Lladro.  It's one of those things that you can slide around in windows by finding the year you were born, following with the month on another slider, and then setting the alphabetical key on the back to the numerical date - and it tells you what day of the week you were born on in that year. 







I always remember the words:


Monday's child is fair of face

Tuesday's child is full of grace

Wednesday's child is full of woe

Thursday's child has far to go

Friday's child is loving and giving

Saturday's child works hard for his living

And the child that is born on the Sabbath day

is bonnie and blithe,  and good and gay.


Don't know where either this calendar or this poem comes from, but found it interesting... 

(I would have changed Wednesday's child to 'full of show'... no one needs 'full of woe')


Anyway, that's my post for today. 


Have a wonderful weekend!


Hugs (virtual),

Rian


19 comments:

  1. Your food looks delicious. We don't go out to eat very often and we have had some disappointing experiences (especially sad when the prices are so much more than pre-covid). This meal looks and sounds amazing!
    Now people just google everything. I used to carry one of those little cards with a "tip guide" on it. Now they suggest the tip on the bill, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Merry, we don't go out to eat a lot either... usually a special occasion. As for tipping, we generally just double the amount... (if it's $25, we give $5, etc. - but it's seldom just $25 these days, more like $50 - $100 for lunch or dinner).

      Delete
  2. Happy belated anniversary. I am glad that you finally got out for a lovely (and delicious) .celebration. You got me curious and I had to look. I was born on a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Dinner, Rian! (I know you wrote about your big day last week, but I was glad to see the update here.) Well, you told me about your dinner on my blog so it was a real treat to see your delicious dinner here--what a nice tradition you guys have! I liked your old-timey card on here too, now sites like Google can answer things like this in a flash--I was born on a Tuesday, but I'm certainly not full of grace :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dug, when we were both working (before we retired) our tradition was to go to the Mansion in Dallas on our anniversary. Beautiful place, great food, and wonderful service. But after retirement, we decided that spending a couple of hundred dollars for a meal was probably not a good idea (and to be honest, food just isn't that important to me). The adventure was fun, but unnecessary. So we changed our tradition.

      Delete
  4. i hardly remember anything after the pictures of the food, those meals look amazing. chuck loves bread pudding and i have never made it, he gets it when we eat out. i am going to try making it, it is kind of selfish of me to have never made it for him!! i remember that verse and have not heard or seen it in years!! happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love bread pudding... and I make it with a whiskey sauce. A few summers ago, the restaurant made it with fresh peaches and it was wonderful.

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Your entrees both look delicious. I've never had bread pudding, perhaps I'll have a chance on one of trips.

    I remember parts of the verse. Having been born on a Thursday, and having "far to go", I wonder if this is why I love travelling so much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mae. You need to try the bread pudding... but try it somewhere where it's known to be be good. And I find that verse interesting too.

      Delete
  6. I was born on a Tuesday, always happy it wasn't a Wednesday, as you say. And I love bread pudding and recently discovered that my coffee shop sometimes has bread pudding muffins that are wonderful, enough for three people. And happy anniversary, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bread pudding muffins... that sounds really good! Have one next time for me, DJan!

      Delete
  7. I like bread pudding. My grandmother made it a lot, mom, occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good if made right... not too soggy, not too firm... and great with peaches and/or whiskey sauce! There's something called bread and butter pudding that is simpler, but good too!

      Delete
    2. From the photos of the food I would expect you had a wonderful celebration!LC

      Delete
  8. While high calorie that food does look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be... but it was a special occasion.

      Delete
  9. I fill full just seeing the photos of that fabulous food! LC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was enough for 2-3 meals at our house...

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...